luni, 28 iulie 2008

THREE WEEKS LEFT

I haven't been that active lately on the blog. It seems the more time I spend in the newroom, the less I have to say. It's tiresome to just cover news and watch the newswires everey 5 minutes and do that for 8 hours a day, not getting up from the chair. I've got three weeks left until I move to Beirut. It's the thought that keeps me going, although it's scary enough. Alone, with a small camera in a foreign country for two years, trying to make new frieds, new sources, contacts and write a Disertation thesis.
Good thing I have a house there at least. It turned out the American friend of Lili, one of my frieds, who also wants to move to Beirut, left Lebanon for the US and left me the apartment he had rented in Ashrafieh. It's a two bedroom apartment, fully furnished, on the top floor of a building on top of a hill, no elevator, but who cares - I have to lose weight anyway :P - It's got three beds so my friends can stay over . The owners are a nice couple who insisted on not having "funny business" in the house. Well they might hear lots of noise sometimes, but that's because I'm used to dancing around the house. And, yeah, I can't promise I won't have a party or two on the huuuuuge balcony :).
Other than that I can't wait. I'll be busy the next three weeks, cause I have a few Frnch friends coming to do a reports on the Romanian doctors leaving this sinking country and I have to help them meet people and shoot inside a hospital in a town close to Bucharest. And I have to visit my parents and then I have to pack and I'm off on the 16th. Oh, yeah, and I have to find someone to spend 7 hours with in Budapest cause I have to wait for the Beirut flight. Lots of things to do, huh?

Niciun comentariu: