miercuri, 16 iulie 2008

PRISONER SWAP BETWEEN ISRAEL AND HEZBOLLAH

Photo credit. AFP Photo
The five Lebanese prisoners released by Israel.

Need I say I wish I were there? Some of my friends are and they are pretty happy. Most Lebanese are very much in love with Hezbollah right now. Well, of course, all besides some people, art directors, who were so buried in their work that didn't even know something was happening today in their country and that they actually shouldn't have been working. (I'm not delusional, I haven't eaten any mushrooms like Paris Hilton, so if you can't figure out what I'm talking about, I'm telling you I'm teasing someone. :D That's a grin.)

So, as I said, Hezbollah won again. That's what happened at first sight. They promised they would bring the prisoners back, so they did. Now everybody loves Nasrallah. I'm surprised why the whole gang including the president is on the Beirut airport waiting on the red carpet for Samir Kantar to arrive. The guy is pretty controversial. The Israelis convicted him to life in prison for smashing a 4 year old girl's head on a stone and killing her father in front of her. He denied doing it. So the Israelis treated him as a common murderer, the Lebanese think he's a hero.
They did the deal. It's the eighth since 1991. So what? Will it ever end between Israel and Hezbollah? I don't think so. On the other hand, the new president Michel Suleiman slipped a weird statement in Paris: that the Lebanese would take Shebaa farms back by force if the Israelis don't wanna talk. So, my illusion of peace is a just that, an illusion.
On the other hand there are a few warrior voices in the Knesset too.
Israeli Knesset Member Aryeh Eldad to Haaretz: Israel should bomb Lebanese celebrations of the prisoner release. Might I say that it was no nice of Hezbollah to keep it as a secret that the two soldiers were dead until the last minute? Not very fair at all.
AFP Photo
The coffins of the two Israeli soldiers. One was killed in 2006 in the attack and the other was wounded. Nobody knows what really happened to them.

I'm curious what the celebrations in Lebanon will be like. I hear they've got the guns out, the Hezbollah people.

Niciun comentariu: