sâmbătă, 10 mai 2008

AND WHEN I FINALLY GOT THE PLANE TICKET

I have a plane ticket to Beirut. I should leave on May 20. I was very happy about it. Definetly very happy. I got my ticket on Monday, booked the room on Tuesday and on Wednesday they started to fire. Right. Story of my life I said. The fighting between the Hezbollah gunmen and the Hariri's supporters went on and on for foru days. Last night, before I came to work and be unhappy about the reports I had to write on the turmoil in Beirut, Tote, as nice as he usually is, sent me a piece of news. Sunni Al Qaida wants to come destroy Shia Hezbollah. Great, that's just what I need. Al Qaida.
By the time I got to work, the Hezbollah agreed to withdraw from the street and leave them to the army. Great, I said. At least they let the security cheif at the airport have his jpb back with or without the special Hezbollah security cameras. I couldn't care less. I just want that airport to function at least until I get there.
But then, in the morning, at about 5. 30, France Presse served un URGENT. I'm not bothering to translate.

De violents combats faisaient rage dimanche matin à Tripoli, dans le nord du Liban, entre des partisans de la majorité et de l'opposition menée par le Hezbollah, a annoncé à l'AFP un responsable libanais de la sécurité. Plusieurs personnes ont été blessées, a-t-il ajouté, sans autres précisions. Les combats sont concentrés au nord de Tripoli, dans les quartiers de Bab al Tebbaneh, Kobbeh et Jabal Mohsen et "environ 7.000 personnes ont du fuir" ces affrontements, a indiqué le responsable. Des tirs à l'arme lourde, ainsi que des explosions en pleine ville ont été entendus, selon un correspondant de l'AFP.

Guys, please start to fight AFTER I get and answer from LAU, ok? Pf.

Niciun comentariu: