vineri, 15 august 2008

FROM BUCHAREST TO BEIRUT

This is it. I'm moving tomorrow. With 35 kilos of clothes, a few books, 5 pairs of shoes, a camera, a tripod and a laptop. On Sunday at 3.20 I'm gonna be in Beirut again. This time for quite a while. I'm gonna go to school to the Lebanese American University for the next two years and I'm gonna try to make a living by shooting news for Antena1 and Antena3. It's gonna be a whole different life, but I wanted the change so I'm happy to have made it.

Tomorrow I'll be for 7 hours in Budapest, cause I chose not to book a direct flight. It seems Malev, The Hungarian airlines, is much less expensive than Tarom, the Romanian Airlines. The fuel prices didn't seem to reach Hungary as they had and effect in Romania. I remember I went to Beirut in November 2007 for like 500 EUR. Now they charge you 500 EUR for just an one way ticket. Now you have to pay almost 1000 EUR for a return ticket. Pretty big difference. Malev on the other hand, charged me 360 EUR, one way.

Fortunately, I'll be going to a nice apartment in Ashrafieh, a two bedroom apartment, with a nice living room, and a huge balcony. 500 $ a month. Or around 300 EUR. Not much compared to Romania, where you'd pay at least the double for the same flat.

I'll be out of the internet for a few days until I meet the owners of the apartment and convince them I have to have Internet there. Other than that they have everything else in that house. I was very happy with it when I finally got it.

Well, that's that. I'm off tomorrow at 4 pm.

Niciun comentariu: