marți, 13 noiembrie 2007

New Plans

Ok, so I haven't kept my promise. I just spoke to Alex Telibasha on the phone, a guy I'd like to think is a friend (thanks Alex, by the way), and he reminded me I have a blog. Anyways, my life has turned upside down in the past few weeks. Today is my last day at Romantica TV. I'm gonna start at Antena 3 on December 1. I can hardly wait. News station. Ok, you're right, it's not gonna be an easy job, but, hey, I like some stress once in a while.

I took a two week vacation. Tomorrow I'm going to Vienna. Just for a day. No vacation there , too conventional for me. I'm getting a prize. Ok, I've said it.

And on Saturday, the great event : I'm going to Beirut. What could be better than that? They have to elect a new president. Tough decision. He's got to be a Maronite, and the bishop refused to give a list of potential candidates. Lahoud's mandate ends on November 23. What's gonna happen? I have no idea. But I'm gonna be there to report it (as crazy as some of my friends might say I am). Of course I will write all about it. Not just politics. Beirut is practically a jewel, Les Echelles du Levant, as French merchants used to call Lebanon once. I'll see my favorite writer's country (it's Amin Maalouf, by the way). I just hope I will have time to do all the things I want to do.

Hm, a friend told me Beirut is packed with Romanian women. You know what kind of Romanian women. I might get a long look if I say I'm from ROMANIA. But then again, where else can I go and not have to stand that loooooong look. Italy, maybe? No way, after the murder of that Italian, Giovanna Reggiani, they'd think I came to kill Berlusconi or something. Spain? Romanian thieves, Romanian beggars, Romanian prostitutes again. Name a country in Europe where you can't find them. And silly me, I wanted to go to a different place, away from the Romanian prostitutes news.

Niciun comentariu: