miercuri, 1 octombrie 2008

I LIKE - part one

As Raluca requested.

I like:
- the glittering lights of Beirut seen from the plane or from my balcony.
- the smell of the sea in the winter
- my coffee in the morning, the first thing that comes to my mind when I open my eyes
- fantasy novels written by Australian writers such as Garth Nix or Trudi Canavan.
-entering a bookshop and choosing books at frist sight without knowing anything about the writers. That's ahow I discovered the two Australians.
- watching Shreck for the 100th time. Ice Age too.
- windy summer evenings in my mother's garden
-sunsets
- fast Internet
- old silver jewelry
- stray cats in Lebanon who never cuddle
- little tiny kittens who show up from a huge fishery and miew at you under the table
- home made sweets
- fruit ice-cream
- cappuccino in Byblos, in a coffeshop in the old souk
- countryside trips
-mom's voice on the phone
- the smell of her embrace when I get home after a long time
-staying awake at night and writing
- having a glass of wine and talking to an old friend
- old women who always have a story to tell
- stories and fairy tales
- fantasy movies and sci fi
- people with imagination
- dancing alone in the house
- dreaming stories with plots and characters and remembering the dreams
- the smell of a library
- grandfather's records
- dancing tango with grandpa
- watermelons
- holding hands
- kissing in the storm
- Christmas mornings
- cuddling under a blanket on a stormy night.

UPDATE: How about MISHU, MARA, ALEX. You guys, Mara and Alex should write more often.

3 comentarii:

Twain spunea...

Nice list. How about inviting some of your friends to make one too? ;)

Apparently there's a very nice store/boutique in Beirut where they bring unique silver jewelry from all over the world, at very good prices. I can find out the address for you, if you haven't discovered it already.

Ana Maria Luca spunea...

Oh yes, I forgot about the invitations. It was 1 in the morning, and i was more concentrated on yawning at the time. :P

Sure I want the address. But first I have to find a job around here to afford the "precious" things. :) Cause my assistanship barely covers the tuition. :*

Anonim spunea...

guess what... i took a trip to Beirut today. in uptown London. I'll tell you all about it. maybe even tonight. in Romanian:)