duminică, 27 aprilie 2008

THE UNSEEN FACE OF THE IRANIAN ELECTIONS

I got this e-mail from my friend in Iran last night. His e-mails are very rare lately.

"Hi ana. Today (Saturday) was a tragic day here. After elections they suddenly changed the result to eliminate the candidate from my city. But people resisted and the riot began. They ruthlessly killed 4 innocents. Two of them were just people returning from school. Before my eyes. 500 m away from our home. Finally they changed the results again becoz people didn't give up. They burned every bank and gov. office. Now i am sure that they will arrest a lot of young people. It is horrible. I am sendig this email from my mobile. they r ruthless ancruel. i can't stand the scene I saw. Two 12 year old boys coming back from school with their bags. See you. I am exteremely cautious. Don't worry about me."

I haven't seen even one newsstory about any riot in Iran after the elections on Fruday. Just the official results, one short news story on France presse. It's interesting how nobody gives a shit about what really happens with the people in that country.

Niciun comentariu: